Goodbye To Ad-Hoc Access
Hello To Privacy Made Simple.
What Is An Entitlement Management System?
& How Does Ethyca's Automated Platform Help?
An entitlement management system is a means of defining and maintaining access controls for individuals and groups that use a data system. Data minimization is not only a best practice for an entitlement management system; it explicitly appears in leading regulations like the EU’s GDPR and Brazil’s LGPD. While manual entitlement management is inefficient at scale, Ethyca’s entitlement management system plugs into existing systems to simplify the task while enforcing nuanced controls that respect users’ preferences.
Uses Existing Identity Services:
- Ethyca connects to your team’s existing Identity Management and Directory Services.
- This makes it easy to assign access to data based on privacy directives.
- With no need to modify or replace existing access systems, Ethyca makes privacy control simple and painless.
Processing Activity Roles:
- Ethyca also manages authorization based on consent preferences and type of processing activity.
- Combined with identity-based authorization, this ensures no user data is accessed or processed when it shouldn’t be.
- The result is that teams can work quickly and confidently without pausing to review Access Control at the start of every data processing activity.
Consent Flagged Authorization:
- Ethyca also ensures organizations can’t commit “unforced errors” while processing user data.
- It does this by ensuring that processing activity of the data requestor aligns to the consent preferences specified by the user.
- In this way, Ethyca serves as a privacy guardrail for data-dependent teams without any loss in speed or efficiency.