Engineering at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. We also believe there is too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf a business’ customers.
We want to make it easy for anyone to ethically manage the data they use in their business, removing the excuse for poor user data decisions and making the internet a safer place to communicate, share and do business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of engineers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialities to join our growing team.
You’ll be working with a passionate team from all backgrounds to define the future roadmap and take the lead on technical projects. This position includes hands on build and directing of software development projects across various codebases to have a direct impact on the entire Ethyca platform. And since Ethyca’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the Engineering team and the role
The Engineering team is responsible for the development of all systems that power every Ethyca user experience, whether its developer tools, ETL
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team looking for experienced engineers to help push product development. The advantage of being a small team is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas can come from any part of the team and solving problems whether through design language, code or dreaming is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As one of the first hires of Ethyca’s Information Security team within engineering you will get to work with the latest technology stacks and architecture and have ownership over developing exciting improvements from the drawing board to production deployment, as well as enhancing and continuously iterating on existing security measures.
In short you’ll have a hand in everything that we see, touch and code in a team that profoundly values a red and blue team attitude to security.
- Work on brand design and marketing materials
- Develop a consistent visual design language across all assets
- Contribute to ideation in product and experience workshops
- Work with Design and Ethyca leadership to determine design direction
- Design user interface and screen assets across the Ethyca suite of tools and products
- Test design experiences as part of product reviews to ensure the quality of end user experiences meets the initial design concept
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Track record in designing strong, clean visual design systems
- Experience using leading design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop amongst others
- A relentless focus on exceeding customer needs
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Willingness to identify challenging design problems and solve them without always being directed – see the problems and solve them
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Found a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience) 4+ years of security related engineering work
- Proven experience in application security
- Blue Team / Red Team experience a massive plus
- In-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure security
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts