Customer Success Manager at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. We also believe there is too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf a business’ customers.
We want to make it easy for anyone to ethically manage the data they use in their business, removing the excuse for poor user data decisions and making the internet a safer place to communicate, share and do business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a CSM with a proven track record in building collaborative client relationships throughout customer organizations, through to C-level executives. This role reports to the founders, with significant cross-functional collaboration with engineering/product teams.
About the Business team and the role
The Business team is responsible for providing exceptional product assistance, helping with resolving questions, processing improvement requests, as well as troubleshooting and researching product issues. You will work with customers, other support team members, our engineering / product teams to resolve complex issues, and be an advocate for our clients within Ethyca.
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team. The advantage of this is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas can come from any part of the team and solving problems whether through developing new processes, code or dreaming is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As an early CSM hire of Ethyca’s business team you will have the opportunity to have a cross-functional hands-on client facing support role. In short you’ll have a hand in everything that we see, touch and feel in a team that profoundly values thoughtful attention to detail.
Define and Optimize the Customer Lifecycle
- Work with the founders to develop a template for the value plan for new customers
- Own existing customers post-sale journey, team activities and deliverables needed to support our customers at each stage of the lifecycle
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate value delivered: recommend and implement changes to client needs and optimization processes, including team responsibilities and workflows as well as presentation materials
- Work with founders to establish an escalations process and ensure its successful implementation
- Drive adoption of new products; initiate and close customer expansion and renewal opportunities
Help build and develop the Customer Success team
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team, and identify opportunities to develop critical skills across the team
- Ensure the entire team builds long-term relationship and deeply understand each customers’ businesses and objectives, and are positioned to serve as trusted advisors
- Play a key role in defining a company-wide culture of Customer Success, serving as the advocate for our customers
- Inform the product roadmap based on customer input
- Adhere to and assist in implementing an operational and financial reporting model highlighting key customer success drivers
Own key Customer Success metrics
- Reduce Gross Churn, increased Net Dollar Retention
- Product adoption, customer satisfaction and NPS
- Cultivation of referenceable clients and marketable case studies
- Revenue through cross-sell and up-sell activity
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years building strong customer relationships in roles with progressively increasing responsibility, including significant exposure to senior clients
- Exceptional communicator, and compelling presenter with an unbreakable resolve and excellent negotiation skills
- Familiarity with Zendesk and Jira
- Empathetic, humble and hungry
- A plus if you have an IAPP certification or are well-versed in all things data privacy
- NYC based or ready to relocate
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts