User data privacy technology for every business
Engineering at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. We also believe there is too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf a business’ customers.
We want to make it easy for anyone to ethically manage the data they use in their business, removing the excuse for poor user data decisions and making the internet a safer place to communicate, share and do business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of engineers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialities to join our growing team.
You’ll be working with a passionate team from all backgrounds to define the future roadmap and take the lead on technical projects. This position includes hands on build and directing of software development projects across various codebases to have a direct impact on the entire Ethyca platform. And since Ethyca’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the Engineering team and the role
The Engineering team is responsible for the development of all systems that power every Ethyca user experience, whether its developer tools, ETL
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team looking for promising engineers to help push product development. The advantage of being a small team is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas can come from any part of the team and solving problems whether through design language, code or dreaming is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As our the first DevOps hire of Ethyca’s engineering team you will be responsible for operating and maintaining the underlying infrastructure that powers our entire technology stack. We value an always-learning approach to technology. We want someone who is self aware and can admit they don’t know it all, therefore willing to work close and sincere with team members to collectively and objectively find the best solution to a problem. The desire to find and build the solution over being the person who’s correct – is a trait we value highly.
Our Technology Stack
- Various SQL Flavors (AWS RDS)
- Be responsible for ensuring the health and uptime of services in our cross-cloud Kubernetes environment
- Help to understand and diagnose the root causes of performance issues and crashes across our many microservices
- Be a point of contact for engineers and other team members, helping ensure and promote optimal platform usage
- Help to maintain and scale our many and varied data stores and infrastructure, such as Redshift, and Kafka
- Help to debug and optimize network usage across AWS, GCP and Azure
- Help to maintain and optimize our Jenkins-based CI/CD pipeline
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience in Software Engineering and DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent field
- Proficiency in a language such as Java and Cassandra
- Deep familiarity with container schedulers and related security best practices
- Experience working with a cloud provider and in-house data centers
- Experience managing and developing highly-available and distributed software
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform
- Self-starter with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our customers.