User data privacy technology for every business
Engineering at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. There’s currently too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf of a business’ customers. We want to make it easy for businesses to manage the data they use ethically. We also want remove the excuse for poor user data decisions, and we make the internet a safer place to communicate, share, and do business. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a diverse set of engineers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties to join our growing team.
You’ll be working with a passionate team from all backgrounds to define the future roadmap and take the lead on technical projects. This position includes hands-on build and directing of software development projects across various codebases to have a direct impact on the entire Ethyca platform. So since Ethyca’s primary audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the Team & Role
Our team of Engineers is responsible for developing systems that power every Ethyca user experience. We build developer tools, proxies, API adaptors, or business rules engines.
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team looking for experienced engineers to help push product development. The advantage of being a small team is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows, and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas come from any part of the team. Whether it’s design, code, or dreaming, solving problems is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As one of the first hires of Ethyca’s engineering team, you will get to work with the latest technology stacks and architecture. You’ll also have ownership over developing exciting improvements from the drawing board to production deployment. As an Engineer at Ethyca, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance the architecture to support some of the most advanced customers in the world.
In short, you’ll have a hand in everything that we see, touch, and code in a team that profoundly values creative problem-solving.
Our Technology Stack
- SCSS / CSS
- Various SQL Flavors (AWS RDS)
- (We’re also working with a broad subset of languages to build integration libraries for SDKs)
What You’ll Do
- Build code-compliant, beautiful, functional markup, and custom components for Angular using Material UI.
- Experiment with visualization technologies.
- Work closely with the broader engineering team, product management, and design teams to perfect the user experience.
- Contribute to the primary control panel application and integrations with backend services (REST and GraphQL).
- Work closely with the founders to define the technical roadmap of the platform for its global customers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience)
- 4+ years of experience with front-end development in AngularJS or similar.
- You have proven experience as a software engineer combined with a passion for technology.
- Demonstrable proficiency in RESTful APIs integrations.
- You have proven examples of deployed, complex interfaces with UI frameworks and strong CSS.
- You have experience in using build tooling and automated testing frameworks.
- You’re a self-starter with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently.
- You have excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance fully paid by the company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our customers.