Product at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. We also believe there is too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf a business’ customers.
We want to make it easy for anyone to ethically manage the data they use in their business, removing the excuse for poor user data decisions and making the internet a safer place to communicate, share and do business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of product managers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialities to join our growing team.
The Product team across nearly every project at Ethyca—from our brand voice and websites to web and mobile products. And since Ethyca’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the Product team and the role
The Product team is responsible for the design systems that power every Ethyca user experience, whether its developer tools, our control panels, data visualizations and reporting systems or educational support.
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team looking for promising, thoughtful product and design professionals to help push product development. The advantage of being a small team is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas can come from any part of the team and solving problems whether through design language, code or dreaming is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As the first hire of Ethyca’s product team you will interact with both internal and external stakeholders, translate well analyzed market needs into capabilities that engineering teams can build, deploy and scale appropriately. To be successful, you must possess both business and technical skills to have frequent interactions with customers and prospects to learn their spoken and unspoken needs and present our solution in a persuasive manner. The ability to clearly communicate business goals in technical terms is a must. You’ll have a hand in everything that we see, touch and feel in a team that profoundly values thoughtful visual experiences.
Lead in Defining Product & Platform
- Understand the needs of customers and their users in order to define user experiences.
- Work with the founders and leadership for product roadmap and execution plans.
- Process, review and interpret customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
- Perform market/competitive analysis, product feature prioritization and clearly articulate decisions and tradeoffs.
- Represent the product in front of customers (external and internal) in both pre-and post-sales situations.
Support Successful Product Delivery
- Write specifications, manage project execution, create UI/UX wireframe and define product roll-out strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product marketing teams to plan, build and launch high-quality product experiences for target market segments.
- Support the engineering and customer success in understanding priorities, planning product strategy and ensuring that needs of customers and product roadmap are both met in a balanced fashion.
- Excite and inspire the team to build incredible product that users should find frictionless and wish to use repeatedly.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years managing high technology products, from development through launch.
- 5+ years experience in information design and/or user experience design Bachelor’s degree, Masters is preferred.
- Lateral problem solver, able to consider alternative solutions and define new design patterns.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to present persuasively to small and large audiences on a variety of product topics.
- Empathy for the customers.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Voracious curiosity about technology and the crossover with human experience.
- NYC based or ready to relocate
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts