Engineering at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. We also believe there is too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf a business’ customers.
We want to make it easy for anyone to ethically manage the data they use in their business, removing the excuse for poor user data decisions and making the internet a safer place to communicate, share and do business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of engineers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialities to join our growing team.
You’ll be working with a passionate team from all backgrounds to define the future roadmap and take the lead on technical projects. This position includes hands on build and directing of software development projects across various codebases to have a direct impact on the entire Ethyca platform. And since Ethyca’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the Engineering team and the role
The Engineering team is responsible for the development of all systems that power every Ethyca user experience, whether its developer tools, proxies, API adaptors or business rules engines.
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team looking for experienced engineers to help push product development. The advantage of being a small team is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas can come from any part of the team and solving problems whether through design language, code or dreaming is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As one of the first hires of Ethyca’s engineering team you will get to work with the latest technology stacks and architecture and have ownership over developing exciting improvements from the drawing board to production deployment, as well as enhancing the architecture to support some of the most advanced customers in the world.
In short you’ll have a hand in everything that we see, touch and code in a team that profoundly values creative problem solving.
Our Technology Stack
- Various SQL Flavors (AWS RDS)
- (We’re also working with a brought subset of languages to build integration libraries for SDKs)
- Hands on build and innovate on existing and new Microservices.
- Analyze, maintain and integrate on ETL pipelines for data ingestion.
- Direct software development projects across various codebases.
- Develop high-quality, efficient code.
- Engage in debugging and code review.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ensure solutions are scalable and resilient.
- Define and create automated tests for software created and define automated testing best practices within the team.
- Work closely with the founders to define the technical roadmap of the platform for it’s global customers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience)
- 2+ years of experience with Java programming language.
- Proven experience as a software engineer combined with a passion for technology.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Java, Enterprise Architecture and RESTful APIs.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience using build tooling and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with deploying and monitoring code in a PaaS environment (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Azure).
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Self-starter with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts