Design at Ethyca
Ethyca’s mission is to increase trust in data-driven business. We think that data privacy and safety is a problem rooted in code and design, not regulation. We also believe there is too much friction in data management, making it harder to do the right thing on behalf a business’ customers.
We want to make it easy for anyone to ethically manage the data they use in their business, removing the excuse for poor user data decisions and making the internet a safer place to communicate, share and do business. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a diverse set of designers of many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialities to join our growing team.
The Design team across nearly every project at Ethyca—from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. And since Ethyca’s main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
About the Design team and the role
The Design team is responsible for the design systems that power every Ethyca user experience, whether its developer tools, our control panels, data visualizations and reporting systems or educational support or sales materials.
Our primary products are our enterprise Privacy Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and small business, Platform as a Service (PaaS). Our external documentation is an equally important product used primarily by developers when integrating Ethyca’s middleware services and API’s.
Ethyca is a small but rapidly growing team. The advantage of this is that we blur team boundaries and encourage sharing of ideas, workflows and processes wherever possible. We passionately believe that great ideas can come from any part of the team and solving problems whether through design language, code or dreaming is part of everyone’s job at Ethyca.
As the first design hire of Ethyca’s design team you will have the opportunity to inform the visual identity of our brand, the design language and systems of our our product experiences. In short you’ll have a hand in everything that we see, touch and feel in a team that profoundly values thoughtful visual experiences.
- Work on brand design and marketing materials
- Develop a consistent visual design language across all assets
- Contribute to ideation in product and experience workshops
- Work with Design and Ethyca leadership to determine design direction
- Design user interface and screen assets across the Ethyca suite of tools and products
- Test design experiences as part of product reviews to ensure the quality of end user experiences meets the initial design concept
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Track record in designing strong, clean visual design systems
- Experience using leading design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop amongst others
- A relentless focus on exceeding customer needs
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Willingness to identify challenging design problems and solve them without always being directed – see the problems and solve them
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Found a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts
You should include these in your application:
- Your LinkedIn profile or resume
- A link to your portfolio (which must include work done by you)