Consent Management: Configuring the Privacy Center Experience
In this tutorial, we'll configure the privacy center experience.
After reading this, you'll be familiar with the configurable options of the privacy center and how they're presented to your visitors.
For this tutorial you'll need:
- A Fides Cloud or Fides Enterprise account
- The role of
Contributorfor your Fides organization.
- At least one system with a data use on your Data Map. Read how to add systems to the Data Map now.
- At least one privacy notice configured. Read how to configure privacy notices now.
To start, navigate to Privacy requests → Consent → Privacy experiences where you'll see a list of currently configured privacy experiences for your Fides account.
Click on the Privacy center component to view the detailed configuration page.
From here, you can set the two components of the privacy center experience:
- Consent Page Text: the text information displayed to the user at the top of the consent management section of the privacy center.
- Actions: the labels for the buttons presented to the user in the privacy center.
Let's review each privacy center experience configuration component:
The consent page text is the information shown to your visitor in the privacy center experience.
As shown in the screenshot below, you can configure:
- Title: the title of the privacy center consent page displayed to the visitor.
- Description: the detailed text of the privacy center displayed to the visitor.
The actions represent the labels you can assign to buttons on the privacy center.
You can configure:
Save button label: the label for the Save button action.