Google BigQuery (opens in a new tab) is a fully managed, highly scalable, and serverless data warehouse and analytics platform that enables organizations to store, query, and analyze massive amounts of data with ease.
In order to integrate with Google BigQuery, you'll need to download or copy a
Service Account Key file.
To find this file, please:
- Log into the Google Cloud Console (opens in a new tab).
- Navigate to
IAM & Admin→
Service Accountsand locate an account with appropriate permissions.
- In the
Actionscolumn for the account, click on the three dots icon (⋮) and select
- Create a new key (JSON) for use with Fides and the key file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Open the file and copy the contents to paste into the integration form.
To integrate an existing system with Google BigQuery:
- Navigate to Data map → View Systems and choose the system that you want to connect to
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- Pick the vendor or system type that you want to integrate with from the Connection type drop-down menu.
- Complete the required fields for the integration and click Save.
You may confirm your connection is working using the Test connection button, if desired.
To learn more, please see our guide for Managing Integrations.
A dataset is required to configure an integration to this database. A dataset is a configuration file that tell Fides how to query and update data in the database. To learn more about how to create and manage datasets, please see our Managing datasets guide.
An example BigQuery dataset can be viewed in Github (opens in a new tab).